Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Pastrami Sandwich


I just went to This Little Piggy Had Roast Beef on Saturday in the East Village. Since the taste of the pastrami sandwich is still on my tongue, I see it fitting to share my thoughts on it.

Keep in mind that I have never tried the pastrami at Carnegie Deli, Katz's or 2nd Avenue Deli. I know, shocking, I just never got around to it. Let me tell you about this sandwich....

Hot pastrami on rye...falling to pieces and melting in your mouth...seasoned to perfection..spicy mustard...coleslaw....STOP. Coleslaw?? On the sandwich?? YEP!! I am not the craziest lover of coleslaw but there was a nice amount of it on the sandwich to make it just a little bit different.

Now this place obviously has a couple roast beef sandwiches, hence the title, but they do not touch the pastrami. $10 will get you a bit closer to heaven.

This Little Piggy Had Roast Beef
1st Ave between 9th and 10th street
Open til 4am, No seating, Cash only

2 comments:

  1. I don't know.. I feel like the roast beef could make a pretty strong case for touching the pastrami, and I'm not usually a Cheese Wiz kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but YOU didn't touch the pastrami!

    ReplyDelete