Monday, October 4, 2010

Arthur Bryant's Barbeque, Kansas City, MO

I'll be honest. Thinking about this place again makes my heart hurt. Believe me, I enjoyed myself here and I'd recommend it to anyone passing through Kansas City. However, you will eat an entire cow while you're there. I even had so much leftover I refused to throw it away and therefore allowed it to travel with us and may have permanently left a meaty smell behind in my car.

Kansas City locals are a huge fan of Arthur Bryant's. How could they not be? It's everything a meat lover could ask for and certainly gave my stomach a run for it's money. I'm making it sound bad but you do get a lot of food for what you pay which of course is a good thing. Between us we got the beef, sausage and burnt ends. The meat you choose gets covered in BBQ sauce and placed on little tiny pieces of white bread. If you are into french fries they are also incredible and worth the extra roll around your stomach.

Not too far from here are some great jazz museums to check out if you are looking for a walk afterwards.

1727 Brooklyn Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment