Monday, October 4, 2010

Kogi Korean BBQ truck, Los Angeles


I swear on my life that I will never love any other burrito. Ever. As my trip took me to LA, a friend of mine suggested we find this Korean BBQ truck that he so dearly loved. Sure, why not. I wasn't overly amped since I've had my fair share of street meat. It's definitely good, but I wouldn't blog about it normally.

He found the truck's location for the next few hours and we hopped over there. There was a pretty decent line and we were starving. It was recommended I get the Short Rib burrito and my friend got the special quesadilla of the day. First bite in and BAM! Nothing I've ever had before. I've had so many different types of seasoned food but this flavor knocked me off my feet. I was not expecting it. Each bite I took I tasted a different Korean/Thai/Mexican dish. One bite was like Pad Thai...another like Beef Pad See Ew.

I still think about this burrito and it is my mission to find something close to it here in Salt Lake. To find the truck's location per day visit: http://kogibbq.com/ Also, on the down low they also serve their food at the Alibi Room in Culver City.

Alibi Room
12236 W Washington Blvd

1 comment:

  1. I spotted the Kogi truck on a recent episode of 90210. It was parked outside the high school for lunch. Why was I watching 90210 you ask? Because I secretly want to be a teenager in Beverly Hills.

    ReplyDelete